"Oh for crap sakes...
Did everything just end? "
"It did indeed."
"Well what the heck am I supposed to do with this? And why are you here?
Are you sure the story went like this?"
"I'm sure and besides, you just got started."
"What happened do you know?"
"Best I can tell... you left the coffee pot on."
"oh, this is MY fault?"
"not really but it sounded good and I know how seriously you take things. Just trying to make light of a dim situation..."
How the Universe Ended Over a Corona:
"Dim indeed..."
Izzy sits to consider this most profound and new situation... Slowly she begins to realize that this day simply wasn't going to go as planned and Looking back at Dac, she takes a moment to pause before asking the next question...
"So... what you mean to say is, mid tuna fish sandwich, we lost the earth."
"Well... sort of. We lost the whole Universe is a better way to say things."
"... nice..."
A most stunning statement indeed, as the idea of losing the Earth is one thing Izzy might have been able to digest with her Corona, but the whole Universe... that was a big deal. She sat in silence just a while longer to take in the enormity of what Dac was saying. Looking down over her shoulder, she notices the huge open, starless black expanse before them.
"Nuther beer?" asked Dac.
A quick sniffle of the nose, glancing once again over her shoulder and raising a curious brow...
"Why not...." she replies.
I have to wonder how this day came to be like this you know? I knew I was supposed to expect something this month, but dang... the whole universe coming to an end is just... well it just seems so unreasonable? No? Mid summer Sunday, watching some innocent TV and witnessing all the worldly crap go by and seeing the 'machine' in motion... I decide I'm gonna finally read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe. I got it for myself last Christmas and it's the super cool black leather bound, all five books in one book, Book. THE Guide.
Who knew he wrote all that. I've never read any one of them although I've meant to for a long time now. After having read the first 13 pages or so, I realize I probably should have started reading sooner, but hey, all things happen as they should, so such as it is. I begin to read it today and *poof*, by co-incidence, the Universe ended. Just like that - quite simply, in a nutshell.
Here I happen to be at page 66, begin page 67, Chapter 12.
One of the first things I think to myself is "dang... this book seems like I'm reading the Never ending story like story..." Ford Perfect??? Come on now! That was the 'co-incidence that cinched the whole thing up for me and got me to this keyboard. I've decided that this MUST be the end of the Universe and I simply need to get started with the beginning.
Next