3.8.08

Chance Encounter

August 25, 2007... 9Eagle, three days prior to the Corn Moon (eclipsed).
7pm start... 8:55pm end. One hour, fifty five minute conversation....

I turned 39 most uneventfully....

Counting the 13th and counting the 25th, the boys came here on day 13.

==================================================

Bliss bliss, head in clouds, reality gone, blissful dancing, playing....
A beer sounds great!... glancing at clock, it's not even seven yet, it's cocktail hour and just on time....

I jumped out of the chair and into my keys and car...

"... what the ... oh please start, please?..." pump gas pump gas, turn key turn key... crap! Glance left... oh what luck, roofers next door coming down the latter... just on time... HEY! You guys, can you help me? My car won't start, would you mind to help me push it back so that I can get the red car out?"

~smiles... Hi. Sure, we'll give you hand...

"Awesome! Thank you so much! (heart beaming blissfully naive)... I'm only going down the street and should be back in just a minute, if you guys are still here, please join me for a beer in thanks for your help..."

~smiles... That sounds great thanks.

"I'm Susan"

~smiles... Um, I'm Chance and that's my cousin Robert. We'll see you in a bit.

~silent tic~ did he just hesitate?

smiles... "great, be right back"
================================================

Driving to the liquor store, smiling, head in the clouds, this whole number spin is amazing... I'm in love with it.... it's bliss....

"... are they grey?"
flash flash... eyes eyes....
"... what do you mean grey?... they have no color... no, know, no... what IS IT?"

"... that'll be $13.98...
smiles - thanks!

Driving home....
Flash flash blink blink blinking blinking... smiling? blinking...

"... they have know light".... what?!
what do you mean no light?


FLASH! some Maya story of a mother sending a rat... tricks, they play tricks...
"it looks like a cigar but it's not one"... FLASH... driving...eyes, no know light no invite, Lost Boys FLASH... never invite them in..." WHAT? fucking calm down....


~smile~
Hey guys! :) Are you done next door?

~smiles~
"Yes we are..."

Great... smiles ... come on in... "behind them... stay behind them".... smiles.... please go through and to the sliding glass door, I think we'll be more comfortable outside.... smiles....

"... did I just hesitate?"

~smiles~ .... faint.... meow.... smiles.... my kitten....

Please, have a seat, would you guys like a beer? "please..." in stero...
"... deep chuckle...." I turn my head at the door once I slide it open.... yes?
"... do you smoke...?... anything?"

FLASH, share mine.

~smiles~ as a matter of fact I do and I'll bring that out along with the beers... be right back.
~smiles~ "we have some in the van, let me get ours...."
~smiles~ no. We'll smoke mine. I insist.
~smiles~ "okay, sure..." They both smile... and I smile and walk in the door.

======================================

Getting beers, finding weed, glass, lighter....
FLASH.... rat....
"...why is my heart racing? Where's that bottle opener? Damn it....
why is my heart racing? Am I fuzzy? FLASH... smoke mine only... we'll smoke only my weed.
...meow... oh hi LB... that's my Littlest Bit of kitten... sweetness... we have company....
So... Be Nice. "

======================================

Three beers in one hand, weed, glass pipe and lighter in the other... hands full....

"Hey guys." :)

I offer the beers, we toast, smile, each take a drink, I set the pipe, jar of weed and lighter down in the center of the table and offer to each with a wave of my hand.... " please... help yourselves as it suits you, there's plenty...."

"... did I close the slider?"

"WELL! then if you don't mind, I will help myself...."

Chance picks up the pipe and we begin to share a smoke around the table. Wow, this is getting a bit fuzzy in my head... did the air get thick? I'm not even half done with this beer?...

~smiles... smoke....pass... looking at Chance.... "so, how old are you guys? Can I ask..."

"I'm 45 and Roberts 22." ~smoke.... passs.... I turn my head to Robert... "he IS uncommonly dark around the eyes... like he hasn't slept for weeks or something.... smile.... blond hair and perfect M cowlick....no reply except to pass the pipe to me..."


Next